Summer nights always leave me a bit at a loss for dinner ideas. The main reason for this has a lot to do with my oven. It’s ancient; it’s always hot (even when turned off). This in combination with the summer heat make it hard to find the motivation to cook for dinner. But this fig and caramelized pizza is a keeper, because it only goes into the oven for about 7 minutes. 7 minutes of torture none the less but it’s all a compromise.
- 1 pre-made GF pizza crust
- Olive Oil
- 2 Figs
- 1 onion, slivered
- 4 TBSP butter
- 2 oz. of goat cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 (skip this step if your oven is anything like mine)
- Coat the pizza crust in olive oil.
- Add the slivered onions and butter to a sauté pan. Cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes, until onions are caramelized. Once nearly caramelized add in the garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme to cook.
- Slice the figs into thin slices.
- Add the caramelized onion mixture to the top of the pizza crust.
- Slice the goat cheese and add on top of caramelized onions.
- Place directly on the oven rack. Bake for 6-8 minutes until golden brown.
- Once done, add the figs to the top. Enjoy!
My lack of activity around here lately has been due to busyness. An overloaded schedule and a cold/flu immediately lets me know exactly what time of year it is. It might be the most wonderful time of the year but that comes with a price.
With the semester wrapping up, no pun intended, I’ve been thinking about holiday parties and family functions. Especially how I can do up my hair in a short amount of time and still feel good about it. I’m very low maintenance when it comes to my hair but I love trying different things.
These two foolproof hairstyles will have you out the door and sipping holiday cocktails in no time.
My large gold barrette from Madewell has been my bff the past few weeks. Literally all I do is gather my hair in the back, slide the clip through then close it up. Sometimes I don’t comb my hair for this because well, it’s faster but it also adds to the messy look. Add in some hairspray if you feel compelled but that is pretty much it.
I’m obsessed with the revival of the Brigitte Bardot black ribbon. For this one, I gathered my hair in the back, tucked the ribbon underneath all of the hair, brought the ribbon around and tied it into a bow.
I encourage you to try these time saving hairstyles, not only are they compliment prone but also very easy. Share you photos with me over on Instagram if you choose to try one! Happy Holidays!