Summer nights always leave me a bit at a loss for dinner ideas. The main reason for this has a lot to do with my oven. It’s ancient; it’s always hot (even when turned off). This in combination with the summer heat make it hard to find the motivation to cook for dinner. But this fig and caramelized pizza is a keeper, because it only goes into the oven for about 7 minutes. 7 minutes of torture none the less but it’s all a compromise.
- 1 pre-made GF pizza crust
- Olive Oil
- 2 Figs
- 1 onion, slivered
- 4 TBSP butter
- 2 oz. of goat cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 (skip this step if your oven is anything like mine)
- Coat the pizza crust in olive oil.
- Add the slivered onions and butter to a sauté pan. Cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes, until onions are caramelized. Once nearly caramelized add in the garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme to cook.
- Slice the figs into thin slices.
- Add the caramelized onion mixture to the top of the pizza crust.
- Slice the goat cheese and add on top of caramelized onions.
- Place directly on the oven rack. Bake for 6-8 minutes until golden brown.
- Once done, add the figs to the top. Enjoy!