I’m a sucker for homemade coffee recipes. There is something about making coffee at home that is so “comfortable”. But that’s probably because I can make coffee in my pajamas. Also, it usually makes me feel like a scientist in a lab. Whipping up different homemade coffee potions has lead me to make this spiced gingerbread latte more than once.
Now that we have some holiday decorations up, making one of these on a Sunday morning, sitting next to the tree and reading a book makes me feel so festive. When doing lattes at home there are two main components: percolator and milk frother. With these two tools, homemade lattes become so much more desirable.
So to make this spiced gingerbread treat:
*recipe makes one latte
- 1 cup milk, of your choice
- 3 or more bags of Celestial Gingerbread Spiced Herbal Tea
- Maple syrup, or sweetener of your choice
- A dash of a spice blend (cinnamon, cardamon and nutmeg)
- a piece of a cinnamon stick for garnish
- 3 tablespoons of espresso
- Prepare the percolator and heat over low flame on the stove.
- While the espresso is going, heat the milk, tea bags, spices and maple syrup in a saucepan.
- Bring to a low boil and remove from heat. Remove the tea bags and transfer to a liquid measuring cup and use the milk frother to get the milk to a smooth and creamy consistency. I usually stop frothing once the milk volume has doubled.
- Once the espresso is finished, pour it into the bottom of a coffee mug. Then pour the frothed milk slowly down the side of the glass until only the frothy part is left. Pour the frothed part on the top.
- Sprinkle some spices on the top and add the piece of cinnamon stick.
- Sip and enjoy!
I hope all of you have had a wonderful holiday weekend and if you decide to give this homemade latte a spin, let me know what you think in the comments!