Living in an apartment has its limits. No front porch equals no place to display spooky Jack-O-Laterns. So here is an alternative pumpkin decorating idea that I can get behind. Of course this would work for you even if you do have a front porch to display your Jack-O-Laterns. As a bonus, they are a bit chic and neutral which makes them easy to display just about anywhere.
What you need:
- assortments of pumpkins and squash
- acrylic paint of your choice, I went with grey
- foam daubers
- Mod Podge, matte finish
- assortment of fall foliage
Here’s how to do it:
- Start by giving the pumpkins and squash a quick scrub to remove any dirt.
- Apply 2-3 coats of acrylic paint with a foam dauber to the pumpkins and squash, avoid the stems. The paint dries fast to this won’t take too long.
- Find an arrangement of leaves on your pumpkins and squash that looks good to you.
- Start by applying a bit of Mod Podge underneath where you will place your leaf, put the leaf on and apply Mod Podge over the top of the leaf. You may need to work it into place so that it stays adhered to the pumpkin or squash.
- After all the leaves have been applied, let the layer of Mod Podge dry.
- Apply 1-2 more coats of Mod Podge
- Once dry, display and enjoy the splendor that is fall!